Thursday, February 26, 2009

God is a Comedian (Part #1)

This may be my most favorite saying in the whole world at this point. There is so much going on in my life right now. I've been having to work super hard to keep up with everything. I just think that I need to schedule EVERYTHING to get it all done. My prior post was about that song on Ate Karen's website because it spoke to me so much about just being and not worrying about anything.

That same day I was worrying about things I can't control (duh, that's everyone) and as I was leaving my house I saw a rainbow and I got a text that answered all my questions. We've all had that conversation, "God if you want me to have this, you'll do this" conversation. I was totally testing Him. He delivered...coconuts...(that's my new saying...I'm gonna see how many people pick it up...lol) He basically said, "why don't you just trust me?" Then, I asked myself the same question...(deep)

So then, today was an even crazier day for me, work wise, and I was at Starbucks meeting with a client. I don't normally pay attention to the coins I get, but today I got my change and why did I get a flippin' Texas quarter? Seriously...this is all too random...(that one is actually really retarded but I had to share it...it made me laugh, that's why God's a comedian)

There are some things that are a coincidence...other things you can't really explain. There's a lot of things that I can't explain that have happened in the last week to me, business and personal, that I can't explain and all I know is that all of it is in God's hands.

Regardless of all the random occurrences in this last week, I am recognizing that this is all for a bigger purpose. The bigger purpose is that I have found my trust in God has strengthened so much in the last week. I had been praying for discernment for years (years and years) and I finally feel as if I can pray and know what God is really trying to communicate to me. I thought for a long time that I had been missing the message, but maybe I wasn't listening. Maybe that's a lot of people. All I know is that I am feeling loved and I'm telling you...there's nothing like feeling totally loved by God. It's a good place to be.

No comments: