Monday, March 9, 2009

The Shack

I'm reading this book called "The Shack". Ang told me to read it. The beginning is so sad. I was reading it on the plane this friday and I was totally crying. Some pages took me forever to get through because I totally felt where this guy was coming from. I have had moments in my life...who hasn't?

Anyways, somewhere in the book, it describes God as having an awesome sense of humor and I thought "Man, I totally blogged about that." Hence, the prior post.

There's a lot to learn right now. I'm going a little bananas and coconuts. Desiree can vouch...but I have been praying for peace and I know God is totally testing me right now. I am failing miserably. I know it. I really gotta just chill out. It's so much easier said than done, but I am working on it. Thank God I have awesome friends and family that keep me in check. Otherwise, I would be totally in a crazy people hospital right now. And that's how I know God is awesome. God put awesome people in my life to keep me in check, otherwise I would have made a lot of crazy decisions (still working on that a little).

So moral of the story...God put people in your life to keep you accountable and keep you in check so that you can give Him the glory and honor he deserves through all your actions (not to get all crazy religious). At the end of the day though...your decisions will still be based on you...so you gotta ask the question, "Lord, what is it that You want me to do." Then, just sit and listen.

No comments: