Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday

We went to my dad's grave today and he would've been 74 years old if he was alive. Crazy huh? Today is his actual birthday and we usually visit his grave on Veteran's Day, so we decided to make a day of it. Jay's fam bam, me and Dennis all caravaned there in the Previa.

It kills me every time we go there with the Jay's kids because I wish so bad that my dad was there to see them. It takes everything out of me not to cry for my brother (and myself when I have kids). The crazy thing is that it has been a really long time since we've been there all together. I usually go by myself if I'm having a moment. But today, my brother said "Sorry, I know it's been awhile, but our family is growing and we wanted you to see them. So here they are." Man...that was tough.

And on that note, I am totally proud of my brother, Jay. He's turning 27 in a couple of weeks and has accomplished so much for his age, even with a family. Lately, he's been really impressing me with his ideas and vision for himself. The more I talk to him, the more I see his world view change and I can only look on like a proud sister of the kind of man my brother has become. I see great things for him and his future and am so excited for what's to come.

It's times like this where I miss my dad the most. I know that he's watching us, but what I would give to see him love on those kids. He would have been so happy.

As we were pulling away from the grave site, A.J. turned around and said "Bye Lolo. Happy Birthday!" I thought that was awesome. Happy Birthday Daddy.

2 comments:

MommyDesiree said...

dude, we are so sisters..... did you see my last post?

Love you!
Hugs!

kclerici said...

Your dad would be so proud of you guys...

love you.